Broccoli and Cashel Blue® Soup
Serves 4 generously / Prep Time: 20 mins
- 28g or 1oz Irish butter
- 1 Large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 600ml / 20 fl.oz Vegetable or chicken stock (1 stock cube)
- 420g / 15oz Broccoli
- 200g / 7oz Celery
- 250g / 9oz Leek
- 150ml / 25 fl.oz Fresh Cream
- 70g / 2.5 oz Cashel Blue®
- A bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sprig of thyme, finely chopped
- Place chopped onions in a saucepan with butter, cover with parchment or foil and sauté while you prepare the potatoes. Add the potatoes to the onions, cover and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until potatoes turning tender, then add chopped broccoli, celery and leeks. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh herbs, and cook for a further 3 minutes - you are aiming to just cook but still maintain the freshness of the green vegetables.
- Add your fresh cream and Cashel Blue® cheese and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with a piece of Cashel Blue® added to the top of the soup for extra texture, colour and flavour.