Cashel Blue® Cheese & Polenta Tartlets
Serves 6, as an appetizer
- 1/2 cup white polenta
- 1tsp sea salt
- 300ml water, room temperature
- 30 Savoury shortcrust pastry shells
- 200g Cashel Blue® cheese
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 nashi pear, thinly sliced
- hazelnut oil drizzle
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Combine polenta, salt & water in a medium size saucepan.
- Simmer over a gentle heat for 15-20 mins stirring continuously until polenta is cooked through and soft, taste & adjust for seasoning.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins, before spooning the soft polenta into pastry shells.
- Garnish each shell with a few slivers of sliced celery & nashi pear.
- Crumble blue cheese over the top and drizzle with hazelnut oil.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped chives to garnish, before serving.