Wild Mushroom and Cashel Blue Toasties
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 350 g/12 oz forest mushrooms, sliced (such as chantarelle, oyster and shitake)
- 120 ml/4 fl oz white wine
- 120 ml/4 fl oz cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, basil and chives)
- 1 French baguette, cut into 12 slices on the diagonal (ends discarded)
- 25 g/1 oz butter, diced (at room temperature)
- 100 g/4 oz Cashel Blue® cheese, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat a heavy-based griddle pan. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes until softened but not coloured. Tip in the mushrooms, season generously and continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Pour the wine into the pan and allow to bubble down and reduce by half. Stir in the cream and herbs and allow to cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced and thickened. Meanwhile, add the slices of bread to the heated griddle pan and toast until marked on both sides. Remove from the heat and drizzle a little olive oil over each one.
- Remove the mushroom and cream mixture from the heat and whisk in the butter, then fold in the Cashel Blue® cheese until just beginning to melt.
- To Serve, arrange the toasts on warmed serving plates and spoon the wild mushroom and Cashel Blue® cream on top. Garnish with the parsley.