Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Cashel Blue Crema
Preparation time: 1hr | Cooking time: 15 mins | Serves: 12-15
For the Cauliflower, use small equal al dente chunks, dusted in breadcrumbs or use egg dip first or vegan substitute for maximum crunchiness. You could just use a sprinkling of thinly slices cauliflower fried or baked on a high heat.
Scott uses a really fantastic and amazing complex Mexican hot sauce here as his “Buffalo Sauce”, at home, you could use a store-bought hot sauce or any homemade spicy tomato sauce.
Los Chicanos use Bianco Nino tortillas from Tipperary.
For the Cashel Blue Crema:
- 500g Cauliflower florets (steamed or parboiled)
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Tortillas
- Buffalo Sauce (see notes & tips)
For the Celery Aioli:
- 200ml Cream
- 200g Cashel Blue
- 200g Crème Fraiche
- 400g Aioli or Mayonnaise
- 225g Celery Puree
- Make the Celery Aioli: Blend Mayonnaise, Celery Puree and coriander until smooth in a blender or with a handheld blender.
- Make the Cashel Blue Crema: Heat the cream in a saucepan to less than a simmer, add the Cashel blue cheese and whisk until just melted on a low heat. Leave aside until slightly cooled and then whisk into the crème fraiche.
- Make the Buffalo Cauliflower: Mix the breadcrumbs with the egg yolk in a bowl, season with some salt and pepper and stir well to make a sticky breadcrumb mix. Coat the cauliflower florets with this mix.
- In a deep fryer, deep fry the Buffalo Cauliflower until golden brown. Alternatively heat up 500ml of cooking oil in a saucepan and deep fry.
- Warm up the tortillas on a pan.
- Toss the fried cauliflower in the buffalo sauce.
- Spoon the crema on top of the tortilla.
- Place the fried buffalo cauliflower onto the tortilla, and drizzle. over some celery aioli
- Serve and enjoy!