Dead Simple Pumpkin & Blue Cheese Salad
Pumpkins! What a gift of nature – they are such a versatile ingredient for cooking, colourful, they last a long time once harvested, and most importantly they go very well with blue cheese! A simple salad like this can help to add a bit of colour in the long winter months.
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 125g pack of Cashel Blue® or Crozier Blue cheese
- Some salad leaves, eg. baby spinach, rocket, lamb's lettuce
- Toasted seeds, eg. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Salad dressing
- Peel, de-seed and dice pumpkin. Then cut into bite-size cubes.
- Place on a tray and drizzle with oil and roast for approximately 30 minutes at 200?C.
- Cut the blue cheese into chunks
- In a bowl combine salad leaves, toasted seeds, roasted pumpkin, cheese and dressing.