Fennel, Orange and Beetroot Salad with Cashel Blue, Pine Nuts and Rocket
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs
- 200g Cashel Blue® cheese
- 3 oranges- segmented
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 100g rocket
- 30mls Newgrange rapeseed oil
- 10mls Llewellyn’s balsamic vinegar
- 40g pine nuts
- Place beetroots on a bed of sea salt on a baking tray. Bake at 150?c for two hours or until soft and tender. This is to extract all the water from beetroot. When cooked, allow to cool then peel and slice.
- Finely slice the fennel on a mandoline and plunge into iced water. This will help the fennel to stay crisp and give some texture to the salad.
- Place the pine nuts on a baking tray making sure that the nuts are spread out evenly. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees until golden brown.
Peel and segment the orange.
- To make the dressing; pour the balsamic vinegar in a bowl, whisk in the rapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To plate; place the sliced beetroot in the centre of a bowl and crumble some of the Cashel Blue® cheese over it. Toss the orange, fennel and the remainder of the cheese together with the rocket. Dress with balsamic vinegar and rapeseed oil dressing. Scatter the toasted pine nuts around the plate.