YOUNG (NEW SEASON) CROZIER BLUE WITH FINO SHERRY, APPLE AND ROCKET
New Season Crozier Blue offers a very different, fresh and zingy flavour profile comparative to that of it’s richer mature older brother! Young Crozier is available in the months of June and July.
Myrtle Allen of Ballymaloe has always been a great supporter of us, indeed Ballymaloe has played an important role in the Cashel story. In the late 1960’s Jane Grubb, creator of Cashel Blue, worked in the kitchens of Ballymaloe house, later when Jane started experimenting making cheese, Myrtle was among the first people to encourage Jane to send her down a cheese. We owe much thanks to the encouragement of visionaries like Myrtle Allen and Ballymaloe for encouraging Artisan production.
- 150ml Fino Sherry
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 200-250 gram Young Crozier Blue Cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 'sharp' apple (granny smith or similar), quartered, core removed and thinly sliced in profile.
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves, not dressed
- Simmer the honey and sherry in a small saucepan over a medium heat until it starts to get syrupy, (5-6 minutes) then remove from the heat and allow to cool, (remember the syrup will get thicker as it cools, so it remove it from the heat before it gets too thick!).
- Divide the rocket in an even layer on each of the 4 plates.
- Place a 2 pieces (25 grm approx.) of crozier blue on top of the rocket.
- Scatter 5-6 slices of the apple across the top of the rocket and cheese.
- Drizzle the Fino sherry and honey syrup (as you would with honey) and serve.