Make sure to prepare everything ahead of time and only assemble with the dressing when you are ready to serve!
- 280g of Kelly’s of Newport black pudding in 1cm slices
- 120g of mixed baby leaves
- 80g of Cashel blue cheese broken into chunks
- 40ml of balsamic dressing
Balsamic dressing (makes 55ml of dressing)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Jameson Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Arrange the black pudding slices on a baking tray, and place in an oven at 200oC/Gas Mark 6 for 7-8 minutes.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
Dress the salad leaves lightly with half the dressing and toss to combine.
Arrange the leaves on serving dishes with a slice of black pudding and a little crumbled Cashel blue cheese.
Serve with an extra drizzle of dressing.
This Recipe is by Donal Skehan and can be found on his website here.