Please Note: On the 12th March we decided that in view of the current situation, we have decided to temporarily close our cheese dairy to visitors until further notice, we thank you for your understanding and look forward to tasting cheese with you in person later this year, fear not we have lots of delicious cheese maturing for you and the cows, sheep and team here are all hail and hearty. We will update this page when the situation changes.
Gain an insight into the development of a rural Irish, family owned, farmhouse cheese business.
As a family and team, we are speciality food junkies, we ourselves get excited by the opportunity to learn how people both local and far afield make tasty food and drink. This food experience offers you the opportunity to visit our business, meet with us and taste the cheese on the farm where it is made and matured. Representing a simple, yet very authentic food experience it will help you get a genuine feel for how cheese makes it’s way from place of production in rural Ireland to your home. Also, if you come here by car, you’ll have a particularly beautiful part of Ireland to drive through! Booking is Essential – Click here to book
Visits last approximately 30-40 minutes & include:
- A tasting of both sheep and cows milk (This can be a blind tasting if you fancy a bit of fun!)
- A 10 minute film giving you an insight to our cheese-making making philosophy, our history, and how our cheeses are made
- A tasting of cheese curd, young cheese and mature cheese, thereby giving you an insight into how cheese develops and matures
- A background to farmhouse cheese-making in Ireland
- Personalised tips on other local and national speciality food and drink visitor experiences and other interesting things to do in locality
- An opportunity to buy quality, local cheese
As cheesemakers our primary occupation is the making and maturing of the tastiest cheese possible. By nature of the very high levels of hygiene required to make quality softer farmhouse cheese, we unfortunately cannot bring people into our cheese-making area. Another factor is how early in the morning cheese-making takes place; trust us – you don’t want to be rising at 5am in your down time! To cover the cost of our time, we have a small charge of 7 euros per person for visitors, visits need to be booked in advance so that we can make sure a member of our team is available to share our story with you. We reserve the right to review this visitor protocol annually.
About the Visitor Experience…
- 7 euro per person
- Mondays+Tuesdays (ex. Public Holdiays) between 10am-4pm only
- All visits must be booked in advance!
- Minimum of 2 and maximum 25 people per visit
- We are based 12km from Cashel town and full directions can be found on our Contact page
We look forward to welcoming you and sharing our story in person!